Chakra Quinoa Slaw
A lovely gluten-free spring salad :: Chakra Quinoa Slaw
This light, refreshing slaw is made with organic black quinoa and a tasty organic pomegranate juice and apple cider vinegar dressing – a great balance to any meal.
• 1 ½ cups organic quinoa (best with black quinoa but any colour will do)
• 3 cups water
• 1 head red cabbage, shredded
• 1 1/2 cups sugar snap or snow peas, cut on diagonal
• 1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
• 1 large red onion, chopped
• 1 large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
• 1 red capsicum, diced (optional)
• 1/2 cup organic pomegranate juice
• 1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
• 5 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
• ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
• Juice of one lemon or lime
• Celtic sea salt to taste
1. Soak quinoa overnight, then rinse.
2. Add quinoa to boiling water and simmer for 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
3. Remove from heat, fluff with fork, and cool completely.
4. In a small bowl, combine pomegranate juice, apple cider vinegar, ginger, lemon/lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt.
5. In a large bowl, combine black quinoa, red cabbage, snap peas, carrots, red onion, red pepper, and coriander.
6. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and lightly fold in.